Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Welcome To MineCarting!

Hello everyone! I'm Nick, creator of many websites, including the worldwide read blog Crux Crutch.

Since LEGO Universe is closing, I've taken an interest in a new game, Minecraft.

Minecraft is the ultimate sandbox build-your-own-world-from-nothing game! You can also make tons of different stuff! So, here's how this blog is going to work:

1. We'll start with my little character's journal. I'll write what he did on a certain day.

2. I'll boldface words of interest in his journal.

3. Then I will explain to you what those words are and how to craft them at the end of the post.

Let's get started!

Day One:


It's rather odd. One moment, I was sitting at home watching television, then the next: poof! Here I am on this island...

After my initial shock, I took a look around. Trees, sheep, and chickens. I couldn't have landed in a better place without any supplies but my now useless telly remote.

I decided I needed a house. I don't particularly care for camping. So I started chopping (or punching rather) a tree for wood. Then, when I had enough, I crafted it into wooden planks, since I get four of those per block of wood.

After I had enough wood, I built a wall seven by six blocks wide and three blocks tall. After my wall was up, I covered the third story with a roof. Leaving but one block out in the middle so I may judge the time.

I then made a tunnel to get out of my home since I don't have a door. I then chopped/punched some more wood to make a crafting table and some sticks.

-Night:

It's rather frightening at night. I hear footsteps and they are not the sheep's. I peeped outside and saw a horrible sight: zombies, skeletons, and strange green creatures with three legs that I call Creepers walk this land at night. I'm glad I made a house.

I put my crafting table down in my home. I then took the a stick and leftover wooden planks to make a wooden sword. It worked!

Tomorrow I am going to add a second floor to my home, make a bed so I may sleep, and more.

What Does This Mean?


"chopping (or punching rather) a tree for wood:" holding the right mouse button down over a block of wood until it breaks. You should get a block of wood from the tree block.

wooden planks: a materiel made from wood. Just put any wood into your crafting slot in your inventory and ,viola, there is four wooden planks! Great for making homes.

crafting table: allows you to craft on a three by three grid instead of two by two. Make it by putting four wooden planks in the crafting slot.

sticks: used for makings swords, axes, picks, hoes, arrows and tons of other useful recipes. Make it by putting two wooden planks in the crafting slot.

zombies: a dangerous mob.

skeletons: these mobs have bows for ranged attacks. They are not friendly.

Creepers: these mobs blow up any surroundings when near you.

wooden sword: used to deal extra damage to mobs. Useful for hunting sheep, chicken, or any living organism. Make it by putting one stick in the lower middle slot of your crafting table, and two wooden planks above it.

I hope you guys will come tomorrow for more great tips, and see if the little guy survives his second day in his new home.

Nick

If you would like to e-mail me, please e-mail me at: minecarting@gmail.com. Please no links to other websites, foul language, or offensive materiel in your e-mails.

Or if you would like to leave a comment, please leave me a comment in the comment box below! Please no mentioning of other websites, foul language, or offensive materiel in your comments.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers