Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Day Two

Welcome back to Minecarting! If you didn't view yesterday, here's what you missed:

Our little guy has landed on a mysterious new land and has built a home on it. He has also built several things for his home so that he may have some comforts.

Also: there is a contest to name our "little guy!" Please send your name (just first) and name entry to minecarting@gmail.com!

Day Two:


I couldn't sleep last night. Mainly because I didn't have a bed... But I will take care of that problem today. I plan to build a second story to my home, make a bed, and maybe explore the surrounding area today.

-Later:

I have gathered the wooden planks from the trees to add a second floor to my home very fast with my new axe. It will be the same length as the first floor and three blocks tall.

-Later:

I have finally built the second story. It is extremely dark in my home, hopefully I can find some torches. I encountered a problem: I am stuck on the second floor. I'll have to jump down and craft a ladder.

Okay, I crafted the ladder. So now I can go between my floors with ease. I have some six wooden planks leftover, so I crafted a door. I punched out two blocks from my first floor and put the door where they were. Now I can cover my underground tunnel, and I don't have to worry if a Creeper blows up the ground and is able to sneak in my tunnel.

-Later:

I killed a few sheep to get three wool blocks. I made a bed from the wool and wooden planks. Now I can sleep at night. On the second floor, of course.

-Later:

I explored the area surrounding my home, and discovered many strange caves. One had coal blocks that I mined with my pick, so now I can make torches to light my home with. Some of the caves, though, have monsters in them. So I must avoid those.

I think I am on an island... There is water to the east and west of my home...

-Night:

Ah, at last I can sleep... I write this in my new bed... It is very comfortable. So let me write what I plan to do tomorrow before I fall asleep:

I plan to further decorate my home and explore this island.

What Does This Mean?


axe: allows you chop wood faster. Crafted by putting two wooden sticks in the middle of the crafting table then putting three wooden planks in a right angle to your left at the top.

ladder: allows you to go between floors or scale heights. Crafted by putting sticks into an H on your crafting table.

door: allows you to make an entrance without fear of mobs walking in on you. Crafting by putting wooden planks in all the (your) left and middle slots of your crafting table.

bed: allows you to skip night. For use on top floors of homes only, if used on bottom floors, your sleep will be interrupted by mobs. Crafted by putting wooden planks across the bottom row of your crafting table and wool across the middle.

pick: allows you to break rock blocks faster. Also allows you to mine resources from the rock blocks. Crafted by putting sticks in the two lower middle slots of the crafting table and wooden blocks across the top.


Nick

If you would like to e-mail me, please e-mail me at: minecarting@gmail.com. Please no links to other websites, foul language, or offensive materiel in your e-mails.

Or if you would like to leave a comment, please leave me a comment in the comment box below! Please no mentioning of other websites, foul language, or offensive materiel in your comments.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers