Friday, November 18, 2011

Day Four

I would like to say again, that I will not be able to post this weekend (November 19-20th).

I will put up a message tomorrow to remind you guys.

Day Four:


This island is very relaxing now that I have a good home. I miss my telly, though... Oh well.

Today, as I said, I plan to look for a new friend. I am setting off now, so wish me luck!

-Later:

Sadly, I didn't find any wolves or dogs. Though I did  learn that there are no cows in this part of Du Weldenvarden*. Only chicken and sheep. The landscape of this part of Du Weldenvarden* is very hilly. Unlike the thick pine forest of the east.

I learned a lot today. I learned that this island has a swamp to the far, far south. I have divided regions of this land:

South: Swamps of Allagoria

East: Pine Forests of Du Weldenvarden*

West: Cliffs of Clardera

North: Islands of Dread

The north is the Islands of Dread because there are no trees or animals. If I landed on one of those islands, I would surely be dead.

I also mined some cobblestone while I was away. I made a furnace, so now I can smelt iron and (finally!) cook the meat I found.

-Later:

Oh no! No! I explored the hole I found, and it was a Stronghold, a place where monsters thrive. I died there and respawned in my home. But, to my deepest sadness, my armor was gone! As well as all my other belongings not in my chest...

It is still light, so I am going to take a stroll on the Cliffs of Clardera.

-Later:

The Cliffs of Cladera are more promising than they appear. For, I made a pick and sword before I left and, thankfully, found iron ore! I smelted them into iron ingots and made even stronger iron armor!

This island is prosperous, but I am feeling lonely. Perhaps I will look for human life in another one of these
islands.

-Night:

Ah, the comfort of my home. For it feels like home. Tomorrow I plan to search for other life on the Islands of Dread.

What Does This Mean?


wolves: can be tamed with bones from Skeletons. Take at least ten if you find a wolf pack. Wolves will attack mobs and make hunting easier. They're condition is determined by their tail, and they can be fed to feel better.

furnace: can be used to smelt ores into ingots, or to cook meat. To power a furnace, put anything made of wood on the bottom slot of the furnace menu, and put what you wish to cook/smelt on the top. To craft a furnace: put eight cobblestone blocks in a square on the edges of your crafting table, leaving the middle blank.

Stronghold: is an area (usually a cave) full of monsters and other dangers. Usually there lies a treasure somewhere in it, but it is guarded heavily by monsters.

iron ore: can be mined from blocks that look like cobblestone with gold specks on it.

iron ingots: are made by putting iron ore in the furnace (see furnace for directions). Iron ingots can be used for many, many purposes; including making better armor.

Nick

If you would like to e-mail me, please e-mail me at: minecarting@gmail.com. Please no links to other websites, foul language, or offensive materiel in your e-mails.

Or if you would like to leave a comment, please leave me a comment in the comment box below! Please no mentioning of other websites, foul language, or offensive materiel in your comments.

Thank you.


*Du Weldenvarden is the idea of Christopher Paolini, in the book series Inheritance. All rights belong to Christopher Paolini, and are not made by me. Paolini owns the rights to the name Du Weldenvarden.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers